Skip to main content

NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing

Spread the word!! If you know anyone ...deadline October 31, 2013

"Recipients of the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing are selected for their outstanding capacity and interest in computing and technology, proven leadership ability, academic performance, and plans for post-secondary education. Students can apply online athttp://www.aspirations.org. The Award closes on October 31, 2013, at 11:59 PM ET.

Each National Award recipient receives:

  • $500 cash
  • a laptop computer
  • a trip to attend the Bank of America Technology Showcase and Awards Ceremony in Charlotte, North Carolina on March 15, 2014
  • an engraved award for both the student and her school
  • networking opportunities with Bank of America employees
..."

RT @BlackGirlsCode: Calling all tech savvy HS girls - win $500, a laptop & more! http://bit.ly/1f8rFGA @BlackGirlsCode #GirlsInSTEM #tech 

Comments

  1. Oh my god, the deadline is over. I hope my sister had already applied to this. Great benefits are to be given and for sure great opportunities are waiting for the winner. -www.epicengraving.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for Grace Hopper Celebration of Women In Computing 2013

You may be asking yourself….What to pack, what to bring, oh man!!   Any help anyone?   Well, I think I can help you with that!   Here are a couple of tips to get you ready for the conference: Tip #1: Pack comfortable clothes and check the weather.   Start by counting the number of days you plan to stay in Minneapolis. If you are planning to attend several events during the day, you’ll probably want to bring clothes you can mix and match to make multiple outfits.   I find this very handy when I want to change my look.   Most importantly, don’t forget to pack clothes appropriate for the weather. Depending on your style, you can wear casual or business casual.   As weird as it may sound, I don’t like wearing jeans or sneakers.   I love my high heels ….I always bring my mid-high shoes and flat shoes.    Tip #2: Bring business cards; make sure to pack plenty! If you don’t have any, you can use MS Word to create your...

Apply for 2014-2015 XSEDE Scholars Program (XSP) - Application deadline April 1st, 2014

2014-2015 XSEDE Scholars Program (XSP) Application "...., Are you interested in learning more about high performance computing (HPC) and the exciting and valuable digital resources available to research scientists for free?  If so, the XSEDE Scholars Program (XSP) is now accepting applications for its selective year-long program for U.S. students from underrepresented groups in the computing sciences to learn more about high performance computing and XSEDE resources. The focus is on the following underrepresented groups: African Americans, Hispanic/Latinos, Native Americans, and women. As a part of the XSP, you will:   -    Receive a travel grant to attend XSEDE 14 in Atlanta, Georgia   on July 13   – 18, 2014 ( https://conferences.xsede.org/xsede14 ). -  Meet other Scholars in special session at XSEDE14 and via an online community throughout the year. -  Join a select community of over 100 former XSEDE Scholars. -  Network wit...